Past Presentations and Podcasts
APRIL 15 2016:
Medstar Health Continuing Education Presentation for Mental Health Professionals.
Working with adolescents and young adults can be challenging in part because this population is often seeking to define their identity while beginning to explore a more independent connection to the social world. Moreover, adolescents are faced with making decisions that will have significant long-term impact on their adult life. Within this vein, experimentation and regular use of drugs is sometimes part of this maturation process. The purpose of this presentation was to delve into the past, present, and predicting future trends in; drug use and abuse, the applicable laws and the impact that drugs can have on an individual’s family and social life. In this interactive presentation; treatment techniques, rapport building strategies and the roadblocks to treatment will all be explored.
This Presentation Offered:
- A review of information about the current trends in drug use by adolescents and young adults
- Understanding of the changing drug laws and how these may impact our clients
- Strategies to connect or build rapport with adolescent and/or young adult clients who are actively using drugs.
- New techniques and treatment modalities to assist parents, families, and schools/agencies
- Suggestions to develop successful treatment plans for clients who are actively using drugs.
Little Learners Doing Big Things:4 Impactful Essentials for SEL in Pre-School - 5th Grade Programs
Maryland School Counselors Association Conference March 19, 2021
Tennessee School Counselors Association Conference June 5, 2021
4 Impactful Essentials for SEL in Pre-School -5th Grade Programs
- Program Structure and Advocacy for SEL in Your School (Time and Class Prep and Delivery)
- Program Development and Design Ideas (Blending Philosophies and SEL Class Content)
- Mindfulness Practice: Classroom Implementation to Embedding Practice Into Everyday Life in and Out of the Classroom
- SEL Data Creation, Collection, and Interpretation That Drives Goal and Target Setting
Reframing Family Engagement: Engaging Parents/Families Like Never Before